Friday, January 25, 2013

Red, White & Jul

We're still making cards inspired by our Scandinavian Christmas picture this week.


Here's our second take on the inspiration photo:


Lauren's Other Card
Lauren says, "i have a confession to make: i'm not actually in love with my card this week. i love all the elements... (especially the border, which i had a great fun designing and hand-stitching!) ...but somehow the card itself just doesn't quite "gel" for me, despite the fact that i used this week's awesome retro sketch #47 for the layout. however, the very best part of making my cards one-per-week all year long, is that i will have 48 done by december first, and if even 50-75% of those are FAB, i will consider my year very well spent. so am i gonna throw this one out and start over? no way! because, there is NO SUCH THING as a "bad" handmade christmas card; every single one is full of our love and creativity, and thus someone will appreciate seeing this one in their mailbox over the holidays!"



Stephanie says, "The elements I wanted to incorporate from the photo this week were the aged  metallic texture & a heart.  I embossed metallic silver cardstock & then rubbed on Black Soot Distress Ink to age it.  I die cut the heart from Basic Grey Nordic Holiday paper & attached with several layers of foam so I could shape the heart for dimension.  I added a scrap of embossed paper incorporate the texture of fabric to the design.  I finished with a felt snowflake, Aspen Frost Flair, and Hero Arts Get Merry! sentiment."

Remember, you have until Wednesday, January 30th at 6pm EST to link-up your cards ... can't wait to see what you create!

1 comment:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty, pretty, thanks for the inspiration, I hope I can find time to make another one.