Friday, February 5, 2016

BLING Christmas Bells

We're still celebrating all things glittery, glimmery, sparkly and shimmery here at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ this week. As a matter of fact, some of us (Lauren!!!) pretty much do that every week, but for our "Bling on the Holidays" prompt we'e officially requesting that you use gems, jewels, pearls, glitter, stickles, beads, sequins or the like in your card. Here's what we made:


Lauren says, "It's no secret that I'm in love with embossing paste generally, and glitter embossing paste especially. I made a few cards last year which featured hand cut baubles, gussied up with stenciled glittery patterns, and I can tell you right now that this won't be the last one this year, either. I particularly love adding glitter embossing paste to ornaments I've painted with Ken Oliver's Color Burst, just because the range of colors and contrasts you can get is so awesome. Given a choice of sketches this week from Sketch Saturday, I chose #251."


Stephanie says, "This week I pulled out all kinds of bling ... I started by die cutting my snowflake from adhesive silver glitter paper.  My center snowflake was punched from the metallic silver lining on the inside of a Puffs with Vicks & Lotion Box.  I added some opalescent adhesive bling and then finished by embossing black leather paper and gilding it with Platinum Inka Gold ... all using this week's Retro Sketch."

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

great card, thanks for the reminder I haven't played yet.

Sybrina K said...

Nobody brings on the bling like gals! :)

Carol L said...

The colorful ornaments look so elegant and they're beautifully colored. I'm loving those layered snowflakes and the beautiful embossing on the 2nd card too! Gorgeous creations!